Menu Close

Property Coverages


Coverage A applies to homeowners and condo owners policies.

Coverage B applies to homeowners policies.

Coverage A Dwelling provides coverage for your home (while used as a private residence) and any structures attached to it.

Note: The basic condo owners policy (HO-6) provides $5,000 for Building Additions and Alterations Coverage under this part of the policy at no additional premium charge. This coverage applies to that part of the building which is the responsibility of the unit-owner. If necessary, the amount of coverage can be increased for an additional premium.

Coverage B Other Structures automatically provides coverage for structures located on your premises but not attached to your home (detached garage, storage shed, etc.).

The remaining coverages apply to homeowners, condo owners and renters policies.

Coverage C Personal Property provides coverage for the property you own or use anywhere in the world (furniture, clothing, etc.).

Special Limits apply to Personal Property as listed below.

$200 for money, bank notes, bullion, gold other than goldware, silver other than silverware, platinum, coins and medals.

$1000 for securities, accounts, deeds, evidences of debt, letters of credit, notes other than bank notes, manuscripts, personal records, passports, tickets and stamps.

$1000 for watercraft, including their trailers, furnishings, equipment and outboard motors.

$1000 for trailers not used with watercraft.

$1000 for loss by theft of jewelry, watches, furs, precious and semi-precious stones.

$2000 for loss by theft of firearms.

$2500 for loss by theft of silverware, silver-plated ware, goldware, gold-plated ware and pewterware.

$2500 for property, other than computer equipment, on the residence premises, used at any time or in any manner for any business purpose.

$250 for property, other than computer equipment, away from the residence premises, used at any time or in any manner for any business purpose.

$1000 for loss to certain electronic apparatus, other than computer equipment, covered by the policy.

$4000 for loss to computer equipment.

If you feel that you need extra protection for one or more of these items, please refer to the description of HO-65 in the Endorsement section of this Guide.

The classes of property listed above may not account for all of your valuables. We will review your particular insurance needs if you have items such as fine arts, antiques and/or collections.

Coverage D Loss of Use provides coverage for additional expenses you would incur if your home was uninhabitable as a result of a covered loss.